Hi Folks, 

I just opened up a used car dealership here in California and I couldn't be more excited. As I cope with all the crazy feelings and emotions bouncing around my body I'm working hard to offer my customers a great buying experience. In doing so, I'd like to get out of the stone age and print onto standard paper using a laser printer. I'd also like to offer digital signatures as some DMS's offer that. 

Here in lies my dilemma: will I regret going this direction? The DMV Handbook still claims that a contract must be a single page. Should I hire a lawyer now? What are your experiences in the great state of CA? 

Gabe

Views: 684

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gabriel,

Congratulations on starting your own business. There is a lot of things to consider, first thing is the budget, but you definitely want to print forms through some sort of DMS. Before we switched to dealertrack we used Dealercenter.com, which worked great for us when we just started out, they have laser forms in their system with the ability of printing carbon copy forms. There are some DMS that offer digital signatures, but it sound expensive. We use BPI and my.reyrey.com to buy all our carbon copy forms.

Hope this helps. Good luck! 

Thanks For the reply Ayrat. I agree with what you said about dealercenter. It's got what you need to get started. I guess I'm being overly cautious about everything. I honestly can't wait to start closing deals on Laser forms.

Many Many Congratulations on starting your own business, I think digital signatures is sound expensive but it is secure.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Greg Goebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service