What do you think about the Better Business Bureau does any one think that its a good idea to get with them

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We submit every print ad to the BBB. this helps us show we are trying to comply to there rules and frees us from having to spend time addressing any complaints (since we don't receive many anymore). Our newspaper rep works with the BBB on our behalf to ensure each ad complies prior to print. Check with your rep, they may already have a relationship with your BBB.
It sure saves me time from having to justify anything to them after the fact. As with anyone in the car business I do not have time to chase anything other then a car deal!
I see that as a total waste of time. It's not the ad's consumers complain about it's the car themselves.
B.B.B should be Better Consumer Bureau. For instance, next time you get a bad check see if the
Better BUSINESS Bureau will get involved. Their no help.
Good topic, I am wanting to know what everyone says about this issue. As I received the email about a new discussion topic, I am filling out a BBB questionnaire as well as filling out a reply to a complaint over 1 year old that we were unaware of...

We cancelled our BBB account a few years back due to some disagreements about membership charges (per location) with them but recently I have had 1 customer that bought a vehicle ask us about our BBB rating (which currently stands a an "F" due to the unknown complaint that went unanswered). In this day and time with every sale matters mentality, I think that is it important. I wanted to say especially if you are pushing "web" advertising but I think all customers are researching on the web, thus, it being important to everyone.
They actually do allow you to use the seal on the site for an additional $275.00 a year. I do web design on the side and have several companies that use the logo on their site.
I THINK ITS AN GOOD THING BUT I WONT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANY ONE I WANTED TO GET A FEED BACK FOR DEALER PEOPLE, I WAS A MEMBER IN 2005 AND NEVER SAW ANYTHING GOOD OUT OF IT BUT THEY DID MY FAT CHECK. I THINK ITS A WASTE OF MONEY, IF UR CUSTOMERS LIKE UR SERVICE THAT IS ALL YOU NEED AND WORD TO MOUTH
Been a member for years. Have even partnered with them on some advertising. Good for business because we're the only "A" rated leasing company in the area. We send clients to their site to verify we're a trustworthy company to do business with.
BBB HAS NEVER SOLD A CAR FOR ME, IF THEY HELPED SELL CARS I WOULD SIGN UP, BUT THEY ARE JUST THERE TO REPORT THE BAD AND NEVER THE 1000'S OF TIMES WE ACTUALLY HELP PEOPLE.
MY OPPINION, WASTE OF MONEY.
your not bitter are you?
We reaspond to all complaints.This keeps our rating satisfactory.Customers do check your rating.
Mark you hit the nail on the head about the BBB being an organized extorsion group.
In my opinion the BBB has the right idea but they are charging the wrong people for their work. The BBB should be charging the consumer a fee (like CarFax does) everytime the consumer inquires about a business. The consumer is who the BBB is trying to protect! The BBB DOES NOT protect the business who pays the BBB to be a member? All of the other organizations/associations that we pay dues/membership fees help/protect our business but not the BBB! The BBB is an old company/organization that has been around long before the internet, fax machine, maybe even the telephone? They don't want/need to change how they make their money until we the business community stop paying their fees/membership dues or an alternative organization/association is started to replace the BBB.
Wilber Joe
Trust is essential to attract online buyers (and 85% of all shoppers look online before coming into the showroom). Having the BBB symbol is a HUGE asset on your web site! And if not the symbol itself, then I strongly suggest working to get your rating up.

When you have a buyer's trust, and your price on a vehicle they want is within reason, you have their sale. People would always rather buy from someone they trust because it's a huge investment for them, and this is going to be a relationship they have for years... who wants to enter that relationship distrusting the source?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Greg Goebel.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service